APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
EXCEPT TO 16+ APPLICANTS WHO ARE AVAILABLE EITHER
THE ENTIRE SEASON (JULY 3-AUGUST 25) or AUGUST (JULY 31 TO AUGUST 25)
Dear Camp Counselor Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in applying to work for Saltaire Day Camp as a counselor or CIT. There are a number of steps to applying but the most important first step is figuring out if this is the job for you. Here is how you can do that. Ask yourself these 5 questions:
- Can I commit to working 4 weeks in a row this summer?
Weeks begin on Monday and end on Friday. The camp day is from 8:30am to 12:15pm. YES? this could be the job for you. NOTE: CITs only have to commit to 3 weeks training and work.
- Do I like working with children?
Being a camp counselor at Saltaire Day Camp involves spending time keeping children safe and happy. YES? This could be the job for you!
- Can I let myself be playful?
Being a camp counselor at Saltaire Day Camp involves letting down your guard down and participating in activities that involve being playful, silly, messy, relaxed, and more. Sound fun? This could be the job for you.
- Am I ready to work hard and be 100% engaged?
Being a camp counselor at Saltaire Day Camp is fun–and it’s a lot of work. Even if you are not leading an activity the expectation is that you will participate and be engaged: no sitting on the sidelines. No being on your cell phone. No side conversations in front of campers where campers are not the focus. Sound like something you can do? This could be the job for you.
- Am I ready and willing to take the time for the training necessary to work?
In order to work at Saltaire Day Camp you must attend the mandatory orientation training sessions below. You also must participate in a mandatory online PESH (public employee safety & health) training with the Village of Saltaire and meet in person with the camp onboarding team. The orientation training session dates and times are below:
- Wednesday, June 28 from 10am to 1pm
- PESH Training: online
- Do I need to be fully vaccinated against Covid 19?The Village mandate in place for 2022 that all camp employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 has NOT been renewed for 2023. Although there is no longer a requirement of the COVID vaccination as a condition of employment, all employees are strongly encouraged, in consultation with their medical provider, to follow all CDC guidance and recommendations regarding COVID vaccinations.
Have you answered yes to all 6 questions?
The next step is to fill out a Saltaire Day Camp Request to Interview Form (button below) and email it to the Camp Director Molly Davis. Her email address is email@example.com.
Once Molly has received your application she will reach out to you to set up a phone or online interview beginning mid-February. Keep in mind that if after that point you are offered a position there is an employee onboarding process you must complete in person with the Village of Saltaire (referenced above) in order to begin working and be paid.
Camp Director, Saltaire Day Camp